Mr. Nord practices family law and alternative dispute resolution. He is a mediator, early neutral evaluator and arbitrator available to other attorneys and clients. He has represented husbands and wives in all issues relating to marriage dissolution, child custody, visitation and family support. He has extensive experience in valuation and division issues regarding closely held businesses, professional practices, and self-employed business owners. He also is active in appellate practice before the Minnesota Appellate Courts and is a Minnesota Court of Appeals mediator.
With special expertise and experience in family law, he is called upon to make presentations to both professional and lay audiences.
Mr. Nord is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an organization of nationally recognized family law practitioners who are selected by their peers. He has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” and “Leading Minnesota Attorney” each year since the beginning of those awards. To be selected, the attorneys must receive multiple recommendations from fellow lawyers statewide. Fewer than 5% of the state’s attorneys are selected. He was also named one of the “Top 40 Family Law Practitioners” in Minnesota. He served as a judicial officer in St. Louis County, and was responsible for all matters that came before the courts for decision.
Mr. Nord was also selected for inclusion in the Best Attorneys Network, a nationwide distinction, for exemplary work in the area of Family Law.
Areas Of Practice:
- Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1973
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, 1973 J.D.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St Peter, Minnesota, 1970 B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1983 – Present
- Super Lawyer
- Leading Minnesota Attorney
- Top 40 Family Law Practitioner
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- 11th District Bar Association – Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Member
- 1948, Mora, Minnesota, United States of America